Thursday, September 9, 2010

Journal Day 3

9/9/2010


I was thinking of you a lot today Dad while I was headed to visit our family that is up from Florida. On the way there right by your house one of the tapes you used to play when I was younger came on. “Every Rose has its thorns.” Made me smile and cry at the same time. I hope your okay and everything they say about after death is true.

I can’t believe it has been over a year since you have left us. We miss you so much. You would love your granddaughter. She is so amazing, has an exceptional personality and is growing so fast. Riley asks about you often. He picked out a star in the sky and says it’s you. It’s really a planet, but we won’t tell. J RIP Dad, we miss you so much.

P.S You would be so proud. Justin took Riley target practicing with his b.b gun and he loved it. He hit the target more times than he missed. He was having a hard time though, so we think we may have to buy him left handed guns; which kind of sucks, because he was going to inherit your guns when he got a little more responsible. Wish you were here, you were supposed to be the one teaching him how to shoot a gun…

2 comments:

  1. Sad about your father. What would he have done about that left-handed shooter! One thing you might want to check is which eye is dominant--I'm a right-handed shooter, but my left eye is dominant, and that's the eye I sight with when I'm shooting pistol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is exactly the case. He's right handed, but hits a baseball left handed...although he can switch hit. I think he is left eye dominant. His Father and two of his grandparents are left handed though...

    ReplyDelete