Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Journal 7

9/13/2010
I went with my Mom to the vet today to put her dog down. It was the most horrible experience EVER! I have had animals put down, but nothing like this. To start; we had asked for Blizzard’s (The dog) actual veterinarian. We ended up with a lady, in which we had never met. We didn’t say anything because we had heard good things about her. Goes to show that you should never believe anything you hear. About 18 pricks, 3 vials of drugs and about 20 minutes later; he was finally gone. You don’t know how bad I wanted to take the needle and stick the vein myself. I have never had training with needles on animals, but I have had training on humans. I have confidence in knowing I could have handled the situation a little differently than she did. I am sure she could have had the other Vet come and help her. Then, to make matters worse; she wouldn’t shut up after and kept repeating herself. We don’t care why you couldn’t get the vein or why the first set of drugs didn’t work. We just want to go home. Remind me never to go there again in my life. I love you Mom, so sorry about Blizzard. Fifteen years is a great life for a dog though. RIP Blizzard
 

1 comment:

  1. Death of a dog is a sad occasion and your mother has my sympathy, as do you for the crappy incompetent vet. When I've been able to bring myself to take care of it at home, it's been a lot better than hauling a sick, frightened dog to the vet's...but doing it yourself is pretty awful.

    ReplyDelete