Sunday, November 21, 2010

WEEK 12

A name has been changed to avoid identifying the dumb ass waitress. We will call her weird waitress. W.w for short.

*****

Texas Roadhouse was one of my favorite restaurants. Before you are seated you can pick out your own steak. We never do, but some people take advantage of this. I wonder what vegetarians think of the sight of the huge case of bloody animals, when they first walk in. hmm

Texas Roadhouses homemade cinnamon bread is especially yummy when you come in starving.
The dancing of the employees is sometimes really comical. Once, I was really upset at myself for not video taping the line dance.

The peanuts are not really my cup of tea, but everyone else seems to like them. Considering there are bucket loads of shells on the floor. That is strange. Why would anyone want germy, dirty used peanut shell particles floating into everything the eat or drink. Have you seen some people eat peanuts? It’s like they have no food at home. Maybe they don’t so maybe this sounds rude. No wait…why would they be at Texas Roadhouse if they had no money to eat? They wouldn’t! These people stick the shell and all in their mouth, suck off the salt, chew it open and spit out everything but the peanut. Then the leftovers are thrown on the floor for customers and workers to smush and crumble with there dirty shoes. I guess I never really thought of that till now. Maybe I won’t give that place another chance…EWE.

*****

Talkative and almost too friendly she takes our drink order.

(W.w) : What can I get for you today? (she was almost bouncing)

Me: Hmm, I’ll have a margarita on the rocks with salt, please.

Justin: Do you have Pepsi or Coke products? (he always asks. He must know by now that most places sell Coke not Pepsi. We go almost as much as we eat at home)

W.w: We have Coke. I know I would rather have Pepsi too. It’s so much better, but the only restaurants I have found that sells it around her is Kentucky Fried Chicken and Pizza hut, and I don’t really care for them too much.

You might want to take a breath! You might pass out on the spot. And lady, I am pretty sure we don’t give a sweet shit what your favorite restaurant is. I just want food.

Justin: I’ll just have an orange soda, I guess.

W.w: What? Excuse me? I couldn’t hear you. They turned the music up so we could do our line dance, and they must have forgot to turn the music down in this dining room. I’ll have to tell them when I go back out there.

Justin: I’LL JUST HAVE AN ORANGE SODA! (he must be annoyed too)
W.w: Okay, I’ll be back with your drinks in a jiffy! (After this Justin seriously asked me if she was on drugs)

*****

Holy crap, how am I going to concentrate on Christmas shopping after drinking that massive margarita? I’m going to be hammered before I leave. I didn’t know at the time, I would be glad I had alcohol in my system by the end of our dinner.

W.W: Okay, are you guys ready to order or do you need some time?

Me: I’m all set. Do you know what you want?

Justin: No not yet.

W.w: Okay I will give you a few minutes.

Me: Justin hurry the frig up, I’m starving.

Justin: Okay, okay.

*****

About 30 minutes later we still had yet to be waited on. We watched the waitress talk and talk at two different tables. I wonder if those people got as annoyed as we did. We had our drinks, but no rolls to hold us over. The hostess hadn’t brought any to us. We also noticed that the waiter that was taking care of the tables behind us had gone back and fourth about 8 times. I decided to ask him to wait on us. He seemed pleasant, not as talkative, and his tables seemed to be pleased.

Me: Excuse me, sir. Could you wait on us please? We have been her for over 30 minutes and we haven’t ordered yet. We have watched her at two different tables gabbing non stop.

Waiter: Of course I can. I am so sorry. Can I get you guys an appetizer?

W.w: (She came out of nowhere) Oh, I’ve got this! I will buy you guys an appetizer. What can I get you?

She talked so fast I really couldn’t get a word in edgewise. I would have rather had the waiter, but apparently she pushed him to the side, and by the look on his face he wasn’t impressed with her either.
I asked her a simple question about chicken and steak. Which from any other normal person would have warranted a five word answer. Not her though…it seemed like a 10 minute presentation. (have you ever listened to a presentation about something unimportant to you? It was like that.) We finally ordered. Our food came quick. She refilled our drinks, and asked us about 15 times if she could get us anything else and how our food was. (sucking up, maybe?)

Our food was amazing. My portabella mushroom chicken was melt in your mouth good. I couldn’t finish it though. (It ended up in my fridge. I was so excited to eat it the next day for lunch! Too bad a whole container of cool-aid got spilled in the fridge and leaked into the box. Ughh) Everything was cooked perfect and so tasty. How could I complain about our overly talkative, shitty waitress now? I’m not really a big complainer anyways, so I probably needed an excuse to be nice.

Me: Excuse me sir, is she new or is she always like that?

Waiter: No not really. She‘s been here a while, but have you talked to the manager? That might…

Me: Ahhh, she’s right behind you….
 

1 comment:

  1. Drugs--that's my diagnosis. Either that or she needs some drugs asap.

    Take this next comment the right way. It may not sound like a compliment, but it is intended as one: I like the rough, even clumsy, even everything-including-the-kitchen-sink quality of this.

    Sometimes smoothness is overrated and sometimes a piece like this which has bits and pieces sticking out here and there is effective because of those bits and pieces--stuff like your riff on peanuts or talking about leftovers and so on. I like that stuff!

    ReplyDelete